Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., 1990, cum laude
University of Notre Dame
B.A., 1986, cum laude
Mr. Brennan, founding partner of Laurie & Brennan, LLP, concentrates his practice on advising owners, designers and contractors on risk management in the construction process; prosecuting and defending construction claims including professional negligence, cost overrun, and delay claims; negotiating and drafting construction and design contracts for architects, engineers and owners; and advising clients with respect to design and construction of accessible facilities under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act.
Mr. Brennan is consistently ranked as one of the pre-eminent construction lawyers in Illinois by such organizations as Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Illinois Super Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of Construction Lawyers. Mr. Brennan has represented clients in connection with projects or disputes in states throughout the country including Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Dan is an avid runner. He runs hither and yon following the extracurricular exploits of his four children.
Awards and Honors
Mr. Brennan is consistently ranked among the top lawyers in construction law in Illinois. His awards and honors include recognition from the following groups:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2009
- Who’s Who Legal — The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Illinois Super Lawyer
- Expert Guides
- American College of Construction Lawyers
- American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law; Former Governing Committee Member; Former Member of Steering Committee of Division 12 (Owners & Lenders)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
- Lambda Alpha Land Economics Society